Updated: Nov 10, 2018
Given that social media essentially takes over your life, selfies are a part of your everyday routine, which goes a little something like this: One does one's makeup, one immediately finds amazing light, one proceeds to snap 40 selfies — because options. Unfortunately, if you get the angle wrong, your pic is less likely to make the Insta-worthy cut. To avoid that, follow Glam Shack's easy tips for your best selfie ever.
1. Look up toward the camera. As you're doing so, slightly raise your eyebrows to make your eyes appear larger. Then, think of something that truly makes you smile, which will create the look of a genuine happiness that will shine through in your photo.
2. Extend your head away from your neck. This helps create the look of a longer neck and sharper jawline. You can also push your shoulders down to make yourself look more relaxed.
3. Instead of holding your phone in front of you, hold it to the side for a flawless angle.
4. Relax your mouth, and exhale, blowing air through your lips. Whether you choose to then keep your mouth loosely open or fully closed in your selfie, blowing air through your lips before you snap a pic keeps your mouth from looking tense in your pic. Bonus: It also makes your pout look more plump.
5. In your selfie-ready position, slowly spin until you find your best light. Then, snap away!
Glamshack girls are ready to take over the world! Glamshack xo